Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

True Confessions: White Diamonds - Friendly Fires

-
Unknown

While their self-produced first album has been out for a couple of years, Friendly Fires is still pop music. Indeed, that's what they do and they make no apologies for it. Neither should they, in truth. They bring enough energy to their songs to make anyone get up and dance, one at a time. As a whole album they're a little...relentless for me but I have to admit that I quite like White Diamonds. And so I'm willing to admit it to you, lest you somehow managed to miss them at the height of their indie popularity (though they're still touring and apparently were working on another album months ago, according to the rarely-updated Friendly Fires web site). Okay, I admit it: I just wanted to listen to it again. I can't help it. It's fun.

My Latest Music Page Updates