Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Insistor - Tapes 'n Tapes

-
Unknown

I promised something less than 20 years old for today after my recent spate of songs that nearly qualify as oldies now. To that end, I've been listening to Tapes 'n Tapes today trying to pick out just the right song for you. But in truth part of the reason I like them is that they make me think of The Violent Femmes with an updated indie sound. In part it's the voice of Josh Grier and in part it's the similar feel of songs like Insistor. Yet that song comes from the 2005 release "The Loon". Ta da! Promise kept.

As they're from (relatively) nearby Minneapolis I can hold out hope that they may play in town, some day, though they're on tour now and going everywhere but here, it seems. Perhaps they're at that horrible Twin Cities level of popularity that means most venues here are too small to play but they can't quite justify the cost of booking the big one. To that end, I'm promoting their popularity to see if I can't get them to come around Fargo. C'mon guys, we're right up the road!

Now that I've made my plea, enjoy Insistor and let me know if you don't think they sound a lot like a modern-day version of the Femmes.

My Latest Music Page Updates