Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Hot Dog! That Made Him Mad - Wanda Jackson

-
Legbamel Not-Pop

Do you know who rocks? Wanda Jackson, that's who. Forget Elvis: she did his schtick earlier and better. She was the original rockin' bad girl, as naughty as a mainstream female artist could get in those days. She started as a rockabilly hit and brought became the first real American rock star.

I chose Hot Dog! That Made Him Mad because, well, for some reason it reminded me of Sensico. I hope that she takes this in the silly spirit in which it was meant and not personally. I can just picture her tweeting things like the lyrics though I'm sure she'll hate the song.

The picture, by the way, is of a 1955 Olds Delta 88 although I'm not sure if it was this song or another in which Ms. Jackson asks to be picked up in one. I stole this one from Flickr. If you've missed out on Wanda Jackson, have a listen to a lot more of her work at Grooveshark, naturally. I particularly recommend her take on Riot in Cell Block #9 and Rip It Up.

My Latest Music Page Updates