Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

But I Was Cool - Albert Collins

-
Unknown

My favorite songs usually include a surprise, whether in the lyrics or the music. That holds doubly true for Albert Collins’s seemingly mellow blues song ...But I Was Cool. The first time I heard this song, I was enjoying the bluesy groove and wondering where the story was headed. Then the chorus hit me, and I knew that I had to have it. I’ve sprung this song on unsuspecting friends and co-workers, and nearly everyone has had the same reaction to it.

I hate to ruin surprises, so I won’t be more specific. Take a listen to Albert Collins, a true blues master and a performer who had a strong sense of timing. If …But I Was Cool whets your appetite, you can listen to more of his music for free at imeem or at Last.FM. I particularly recommend Mr. Collins, Mr. Collins. Then again, I’m a sucker for a horn section. The song is short on words but long on "jam".


Buy But I Was Cool!

My Latest Music Page Updates