Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Stranded in the Jungle - Various Artists

-
Unknown

Yet again I discovered recently that a song that I love is, in fact, a cover song. In this case, I first heard Stranded in the Jungle as performed by Voodoo Glow Skulls. The contrasting styles and story telling made this such a catchy and fun song. Then I saw a comment that this was a cover of a New York Dolls song. While it may well be, it turned out that the Dolls had, in fact, been covering The Cadets who had covered The Jay Hawks and recorded under the name of Jacks as well. The recorded and released their version before The Jay Hawks had a chance to do a good studio version and snatched the hit for themselves. Confused yet? It doesn't matter. All that does matter is that Stranded in the Jungle is a great song no matter who performs it. Here's three versions to enjoy, the Voodoo Glow Skulls version of which made my list of ten songs for being stranded on a deserted island as a reminder that being stranded could always be worse.

My Latest Music Page Updates