Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

No Condition Is Permanent - Marijata & Chopteeth

-
Unknown

I gave you Santa yesterday. I'll give you some other holiday thing tomorrow. But for today let's ignore this commercialized crap and take a look at something more fun. I've got here, in my hot little hands (okay, ears), a band called Chopteeth who covered another band called Marijata who did a song called No Condition Is Permanent. Now, it happens that I have a weak spot for the sort of afrobeat funk that both bands perform.

Because it's a holiday, I'm more than happy to give you, my darling readers, both versions of the song in all its horn-filled, 70s-protest, funky backbeat glory. If you're curious, that means you get over thirteen minutes of music, on a Friday where you'd normally be lucky to see three. It's all for you my dears. And because I like the contrast between the two and the flavor of Tower of Power they leave on your tongue. But mostly for you.

One Response so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Kofi Elektric on history of MariJata http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlvp7JasTRE

My Latest Music Page Updates