Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Rock Star (Jason Nevins Remix Edit) - N.E.R.D.

-
Unknown

As a rule, I don't listen much to remixes. Most of them take a song I may like or at least not hate and chop it into annoying little bits. In the case of N.E.R.D.'s Rock Star, however, I heard the Jason Nevins Remix Edit first (yes, while playing Burnout Paradise). It quickly became a family favorite, good for dancing in the car on cross-town trips. Who said family sing-a-longs have to be cheesy?

But I finally tracked down the original album version of Rock Star. To my shock, it was awful. The tempo dragged and the charm and anger of the remix was totally lacking! I'll spare you the actual N.E.R.D. version and share the remix. Hopefully it will help you get moving for a great Saturday night.

My Latest Music Page Updates