Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Ramalama (Bang Bang) - Róisín Murphy

-
Unknown

I must confess that my not-pop snobbery extends to television. Except for House I don't watch network TV nor do I have cable. And so I missed the episode of So You Think You Can Dance that apparently introduced millions of people to Róisín Murphy and Ramalama (Bang Bang). I have to say that, if this is the sort of wacky thing they're playing on television these days, I might be missing out on some good stuff.

Nah. I trust that the same sort of tripe still fills the airwaves, as it does on the radio. I was working on something else entirely when I happened up on Ramalama and I cranked it up for some quality family dance time. I find that my obscure explorations bring me such gems without resorting to actually following trends, thank goodness.

It turns out that most of Róisín Murphy's stuff is not particularly to my taste. She's like a less-obsessive Lady Gaga, but one who was around for a few years before the latter released her first single. But this one, this one made me boogie. That's good enough for me!

2 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    You are mistaken. I can prove it. Write to me in PM.

  2. Unknown says:

    Y'know, I wasn't going to publish this but it's so goofy I just had to do it. I wonder about what I am supposed to be mistaken, how I can write to an anonymous person via PM (on what site?!), and how someone can prove my subjective taste to be wrong. It's probably just failed spam, but I'm leaving it anyway.

My Latest Music Page Updates