Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Pain - Oingo Boingo

-
Unknown

I managed to resist inflicting my favorite band of bygone days for months, now. I think it's time for a little Oingo Boingo break, my dears. On your behalves I've been listening to a bunch of their stuff to decide just which song you shouldn't miss from their rather extensive catalog. I've settled on Pain, in part because they could have written it last week and used the very same lyrics.

Technically this isn't 80s music, as it was on their last album and released in 1994. But regardless of the decade-bleed over and the fact that they started doing their crazy thing in the 70s they'll always be an 80s band to me. That's when they did what I believe to be the best of their work.

"Boingo" was a darker album than most of the earlier work, not so much in subject but in tone. The music itself has a more minor, creepy feel to it. But that didn't stop it from being a fantastic set of songs. I could have sworn I'd posted Pedestrian Wolves but I don't see it anywhere. I'll rectify that in the near future, if you think you can take it. In the meantime, have some Pain.

My Latest Music Page Updates