Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Trouble EP - Doctors & Dealers

-
Unknown

I found an awful lot of places where people had quoted the press release for the new Doctors & Dealers EP to be released on December 10th, 2010. Very few of them, however, seemed to have had any desire to actually listen to the songs or post some for you to hear. I thought that was a bad sign but it turns out that I just uncovered a slew of lazy bloggers. Sparrow has recorded a set of slightly-creepy and very memorable songs, just up-tempo enough to keep from being mired in goth territory and just weird enough to avoid the "stalker song" label.

Of the four songs on the "Trouble EP" I like Backstabber, the first track, most. It's like a cross between The Pierces and Tim Burton covering Siouxsie & the Banshees, with a sort of carnival funhouse feel and enough tempo changes to keep you guessing. You can listen to Backstabber right here and enjoy the whole Trouble EP at Grooveshark. Apparently there's a full-length album in the works as a follow-up with Gordon Raphael. I look forward to hearing it!

My Latest Music Page Updates