Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Loves Me Like a Rock - Paul Simon

-
Unknown

I suppose Loves Me Like a Rock would make a good Mother's Day song rather than posting it on some random day at the end of September, but I've been writing about love songs for days now and am sad that this one can't be included. It's such a bouncy, happy tune and Paul Simon has such a way with lyrics. The gospel group The Dixie Hummingbirds provided the background vocals for the Loves Me Like a Rock, if you're curious.

The song was a huge hit in 1973 but you don't really hear it anywhere these days if you don't own it. I thought someone ought to remedy that and who better than me to do so (and who the heck else would I ask)? For a gorgeous sunny day at the very beginning of fall this cheery song seemed just the thing.

My Latest Music Page Updates