Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros - Flight of the Conchords

-
Unknown

I've never posted anything from Flight of the Conchords. That's because they were dreadfully popular for a time, even appearing on The Simpsons. But the trick here is that they aren't a pop act, regardless of having had their own HBO series and BBC radio show.

If you've not listened to the gents from New Zealand, I urge you to do so. They're a comedy team rather than a musical act, one that happens to perform songs. Since I don't have cable and don't live in London I'd not really heard of the famous duo until I somehow ended up with Doggy Bounce, extended to almost a minute and a half. I had been considering posting that here but being so short I thought it needed another song for back-up.

I almost got kicked out of the public library when I began listening to more of the Flight of the Conchords catalog. Of all of their songs, though, the Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros gave me the loudest guffaw so I thought I'd post it here. If you've a favorite track please do share it in the comments. If you've not heard much from them, try Albi the Racist Dragon as well.

My Latest Music Page Updates