Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Every Day I Have the Blues - Joe Williams w/Count Basie

-
Unknown

I've been a fan of BB King for many years and always thought of Every Day I Have the Blues as his song. Yet I was listening away and bumped into Count Basie and Joe Williams rocking the heck out of the song. It turns out they had a big hit with it the same year that BB King recorded his first popular version--1955. I still love the many BB King takes on the track but the one I've included below absolutely knocked off my bobby socks. Maybe it's the horns, maybe it's the tempo, maybe I'm just a sucker for Count Basie, I don't know. But I do know that I have a new favorite version of Every Day I Have the Blues. It's a blues standard so there are plenty more where that came from, of course. But I've listened to a lot of them and I still nominate Joe Williams as my favorite singer of the song. Dissenting opinions?

My Latest Music Page Updates