Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Superficiality Is a Sin - Tristan Clopet & The Juice

-
Unknown

A few days ago I got a lovely e-mail from a gent by the name of Tristan Clopet offering me a crack at reviewing his new EP, "Purple". Naturally, I hopped over to the official Tristan Clopet web site and snagged a copy. You know I can't resist free music. I like to go at these things unprepared, to avoid preconceived notions and prejudices. The first song, Proximity Bomb, made me check whether it was a Red Hot Chili Peppers Cover. (Hint: it isn't.)

It seems the plan for this album was to alternate between songs the RHCPs would be proud to claim (seriously, Black Panther Party could have come straight off of "Mother's Milk") with ballads, well done and including Mr. Clopet's very nice voice, but not as enjoyable as the rougher, tougher songs. So Alive is nice but Ethereal Evidence grooves. I'm including this video for two reasons: you can get a look at Tristan Clopet and see that, although "The Juice" don't appear to be mentioned on the album art or the web site they really do exist.

2 Responses so far.

  1. Ron-Yvess says:

    I was disappointed that they didn't trash the studio after the performance...these dudes need to step it up and make a name for themselves...

    =)

  2. Unknown says:

    :D It was a morning show in Miami. Maybe they were too hung over (or just trying not to get arrested).

My Latest Music Page Updates