Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

The One Thing - INXS

-
Unknown

I think it's time for a good 80s New Wave song, don't you? It's a pity that more of INXS's songs from "Shabooh Shoobah" didn't have official videos, or at least that no one has felt the need to post them on Youtube, because that album represents their absolute best work. "Listen Like Thieves" won them international fame but, although I do love some of the songs, it just can't hold a candle to the ones that came before it. It's funny that "Shabooh Shoobah" took five years sell enough copies to qualify as a gold record and "Listen Like Thieves" only a similar number of months. "Kick" probably got there in days. Here again is proof that popularity does not equate in quality. Later albums lacked the originality and soul of the older INXS.

This video for The One Thing played on baby-MTV, a mere year old at the time in 1982. I must admit that I remember it, as I do watching the first video they played. I was all of ten when this one came out and it was one of the first cassettes I bought (after Earth, Wind, and Fire's "Raise!" Even then I had pretty diverse tastes.) At any rate, enjoy and share the first albums you remember buying in a particular medium.

My Latest Music Page Updates