Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Seattle - The BPA feat. Emmy the Great

-
Unknown

When I first bought the Brighton Port Authority album, "I Think We Need a Bigger Boat", it was solely on the strength of David Byrne's Toe Jam and the name Iggy Pop. I thought the album relatively uneven but definitely including standout songs. For some reason, my computer also thinks certain songs on this disc are better than others. It has recently become obsessed with Seattle and plays the song from a list of 1,200 at least once every two hours. I have found myself fast-forwarding the track less and less often of the past several weeks and can now officially admit that it has grown on me. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that Emmy the Great really is as adorable as she sounds. Have a peek for yourself:

2 Responses so far.

  1. Nice song, and I love the video for it. :) I'm rarely so lucky when my shuffle becomes obsessed with one song!

  2. Unknown says:

    Thanks! I'm generally not so lucky, either, which is part of the reason I wanted to share my good fortune. :D

My Latest Music Page Updates