Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

My Bucket's Got a Hole in It - Various Artists

-
Unknown

As part of my dedication to cover songs both weird and wonderful, today I thought I'd share a country-fried lament that goes a little something like this:

"My bucket's got a hole in it and I can't buy no beer."
These days, the idea of having to take a bucket with you to buy beer ranks somewhere between quaint and bizarre. The song, though, remains a fun little ditty. I've started with the most recent version I own, partly because I'm such a fan of both Willie Nelson and Wynton Marsalis. I've included classics like Hank Williams and "T" Texas Tyler and I threw in the Jimmy Page and Robert Plant cover, which sounds a lot like Dwight Yoakum singing an Elvis song. Oh, Dwight Yoakum has a version in there, too, as do the Preservation Hall Jazz Band and Louis Armstrong, sounding suitably mournful. Don't miss Ricky Nelson's strangely sanitized version, while you're at it. Here's hoping your bucket doesn't have a hole in it this lovely Sunday morning!

My Latest Music Page Updates