Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Hip Hop Bommi Bop - Die Toten Hosen

-
Unknown

As promised, I thought I'd share some more from Die Toten Hosen with you all. While this song hardly represents the band's usual sound, it is the one the brought me to the band in the first place. Hip Hop Bommi Bop features rapper Fab 5 Freddy, who, I can't help but feel, was coached in phonetic German for this one. You can still have a lot of fun with the track, as I do every time I hear it. It reminds me of the fun and goofy melds that used to come out regularly, as hip hop and rap became more mainstream and the stars worked more often with bands well outside their own genres. It seems a long time since I've heard a famous rapper backed by a well-known rock band. If you know of recent examples, please let me know. In the meantime, enjoy!

My Latest Music Page Updates