Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Breed - Steve Earle

-
Unknown

In honor of the fact that, right now, Steve Earle is in town and will be performing tonight, I thought that I'd post something of his. As Copperhead Road has been done to death, I vowed to find something a bit more unusual to share with you all. I enjoy his style of country blues, but as soon as I heard Breed I knew it was the song for today. Between the bizarre lyrics about planting a house and building a tree, the excessive repetition, and the strangely hard-core guitar, I couldn't resist sharing the song. It's a whole new side to Steve Earle, and one that I hope he's been exploring. I'll listen to more from the "Sidetracks" album to see if it was more a one-off experiment, but in the meantime enjoy Breed and let me know what you think. I won't be seeing him tonight, but don't let that stop you from sharing.

My Latest Music Page Updates