Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

The Other Side - Afro Celt Sound System

-
Unknown

I'm having a pretty mellow weekend, hiding from the snow and cold. Apparently, that's affecting my musical selections. That and TCInvestor, again. He's come up with yet another terrific recommendation, this one a band that I've much enjoyed but about which I had completely forgotten. For me, Afro Celt Sound System hits and misses in about equal numbers of songs, but when they hit the sweet spot they hit is dead center. The Other Side is one of those songs where the sound isn't so trance-inducing as to put you to sleep nor is it manic enough to wear you out. It's groovy and funky and all of those great, outdated descriptions that I use far too often. Enjoy and happy Sunday.

My Latest Music Page Updates