Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Shake Your Pants - The Meligrove Band or Cameo

-
Unknown

In case you're tired of cover songs, today I bring to two songs that share the title Shake Your Pants and nothing else. The first is a rockabilly tune from The Meligrove Band, off their 2000 release "Stars and Guitars", and the second is a funk disco song from Cameo. Why, pray tell, have I posted them both? Because, my darlings, they're very strange back-to-back like this. I was surprised to find that no other bands had picked up on the shake-your-pants theme, especially with shake your groove thing, shake your money maker, shake your booty, and other "shake it" phrases being so rife. Enjoy how far apart two bands can take one phrase and share your favorite shake-it song with me.

My Latest Music Page Updates