Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

I Ain't Superstitious - The Jeff Beck Group

-
Unknown

I like Howlin' Wolf, who first recorded Willie Dixon's I Ain't Superstitious in 1961, but Jeff Beck's guitar and (surprisingly, to me) Rod Stewart's voice really rock the song. Even though the widget below claims that the song came from The Beck Group's "Beckology" album, I got it on a fabulous two-disc collection called "The Story of the Blues", the second disc of which includes this song right after a great Taj Mahal version of She Caught the Katy (And Left Me a Mule to Ride.

2 Responses so far.

  1. jag 45 says:

    First released before Zep.

    Shows what a real gunslinger guitarist Beck is.

  2. Unknown says:

    Yeah, he really moves this song. You don't hear much about him, but I think he's among the greats.

My Latest Music Page Updates