Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Axilla Pt 2 - Phish

-
Unknown

Now, I'm hardly a Phish-head or whatever they call the followers of the band that regard them as the next coming of the Grateful Dead, but I can happily admit that they've come up with some weird and wonderful songs. In particular, Axilla shows the band's finely tuned sense of the bizarre and their penchant for playing with words. Axilla, for those of you who do not know, is the proper term for an armpit. Who but Phish, I ask you, would write a song about an often-smelly and generally ignored piece of the human anatomy? Actually, the Dandy Worhols probably would, now that I think about it, but that's not the point. Enjoy the song! (The version I have, though ostensibly from the same album, doesn't have this odd ending on it The meat of the song remains the same, however.)

My Latest Music Page Updates