Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Rehab - Paulo Nutini

-
Unknown

As promised, I've got something new for you all, although Paulo Nutini doesn't sound new. The first time I heard him, I assumed that it was an old recorded and I'd simply missed him along the way. The more I listened, the more I respected his ability to play different styles well and convincingly. He recently released his second album, “Sunny Side Up”, but I haven't listened to that one enough to choose a favorite track yet.

I'm not sure if you'd call him an Italian Scot or a Scottish Italian, but whatever the case Nutini's got a lovely voice and a breezy style, often reminiscent of Martin Sexton. I'd love to hear him cover Diggin' Me, for instance. Until I decide whether his newest are even better than his first album, “These Streets”, enjoy Paulo Nutini's cover of Amy Winehouse's Rehab alongside the original version.

My Latest Music Page Updates