Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

In These Shoes? - Kirsty MacColl

-
Unknown

I was working on my lens about Kirsty MacColl's In These Shoes? yesterday and the song has been stuck in my head ever since. That happens to me every time I listen to it, so I thought I'd share the enjoyment with the rest of you. The Cuban swing, the horn section, and the saucy lyrics all combine to make this an earworm that you won't mind hearing over and over. Beware, though. You may catch yourself moving your hips while reading labels at the grocery store when you've got In These Shoes? exerting its evil influence.

You can't buy In These Shoes? on its own at Amazon, but you can get the Kinky Boots Soundtrack which includes the song, as well as some other great music like Whatever Lola Wants, Mr. Big Stuff, and I Put a Spell on You.

My Latest Music Page Updates