Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Cider Drinker - Bad Manners

-
Unknown

Some songs grab hold of your brain and refuse to let go. Cider Drinker fits that category, so consider yourself warned. If you are at all susceptible to earworms, don't listen to this song. In general, Bad Manners has a sound that's a bit too rough-and-ready for me, but Cider Drinker stuck in my head from the first time I heard it on my Pandora station dedicated to third-wave ska.

I discovered that it had even been covered, as I Am a Cider Drinker, by The Wurzels. While the second version cracks me up, particularly the milking sound effects behind the first verse, it just can't hold a candle to Bad Manners and their infections song. Go get yourself a glass of cider and have a listen.

Apparently, you can't download either of these versions from Amazon as MP3s, although you can get a fifty-six-second live version of Bad Manners's Cider Drinker.

My Latest Music Page Updates