Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Diner - Martin Sexton

-
Unknown

While I may not like everything Martin Sexton has recorded, the few of his songs that I like rank among my most favorite songs. Of those, Diner tops the list. It’s bouncy, creative, and has just that little flavor of the bizarre that makes me love it. What else can you say about a song whose chorus begins, “Diner, my shiny, shiny love”?

With Diner, Martin Sexton makes you want to jump up and dance around, but gently rather than by using a driving beat. The song more coaxes you out of your chair with its goofy doo-wop back-up vocals and its sheer, syncopated joy. If you’re a fan of the sit-com "Scrubs", you may have heard this song in a dance montage during Season Two. If you’ve not heard it before, you’re in for a treat.

Buy Diner

My Latest Music Page Updates