Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Stagger Lee - Taj Mahal and Others

-
Unknown

I've been compiling a page on Stagger Lee, or Stack O'Lee, and have listened to a few dozen interpretations today. They range from Mississippi John Hurt's blues version to The Fabulous Thunderbirds with their sax and back-up vocals to a Tom Jones lounge-ified croon to Ike and Tina Turner rockin' out. That, of course, means that my posting time has been otherwise spent. In order to show that I still love you, I'm posting a couple of versions of the song that I particularly enjoyed.


Stagger Lee - The Fabulous Thunderbirds

Stagger Lee - Taj Mahal
Buy Taj Mahal's Stagger Lee
Buy Ike and Tina Turner's Stagger Lee And Billy (Amazon doesn't have the Fabulous Thunderbirds's version.)

My Latest Music Page Updates