Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Magic Johnson - The Red Hot Chili Peppers

-
Unknown

While I quite liked the Red Hot Chili Peppers, back in the early 1990s when they alternated with Jane's Addiction in tape decks on college campuses (campi?!) across the US, Magic Johnson was always my favorite of their songs. Sure, I knew the words to Under the Bridge and Nobody Weird Like Me, but nothing else beat the pure funk and energy of Magic Johnson. Why kick a hole in the sky when you could slam so hard, break your TV screen? Magic Johnson always seemed larger than life to me, and the song celebrated that aura of enormous personality. I still think Magic Johnson is amazing, and I still love this song. Be warned: There are a pair of f-bombs lurking in this song.
Magic Johnson (24-Bit Remastered 02) (Explicit) - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Buy Magic Johnson

My Latest Music Page Updates