Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

A Christmas Duel - The Hives/Cyndi Lauper

-
Unknown

You have to listen to the lyrics to appreciate this one fully. It's filled with sarcasm, snark, and upbeat tempo that makes fun of the basic, "I hate you, but let's pretend to be family for a couple of days" vibe. I suppose it's a bit cynical, but really the misdeeds are so over-the-top that you can't take it seriously. Mostly, A Christmas Duel is an indictment of the one-happy-family face that many people put on for the holidays. It's a bit of a relief from the syrupy love fest you normally get for the season. You can download A Christmas Duel for free from The Hives' web site, as a little holiday bonus, if you're willing to register with them. I had the widget here, but it is set to auto-play and I wouldn't do that to you, or to myself. Do take a listen, though, now that you are fore-armed that it will automatically start playing when you click over. It give a relatively nasty, yet snappy, take on the Christmas season.

My Latest Music Page Updates