Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

(Mr. Insurance Man) Take Out That Thing

-
Unknown

Today has been a long series of reminders that bands make and sell music that I don’t like but that other people love. Despite piles of new music appearing almost hourly, nothing has made me say, “Wow, I have to have that!” Instead of highlighting something brand new to me, I’m posting (Mr. Insurance Man) Take Out That Thing, the song that introduced me to Saffire: The Uppity Blues Women. It was the naughty sense of humor and the wicked kazoo solo that made this song a must-have. I went straight out and bought the 1990 album, “Hot Flash”, and uncovered feisty, raucous blues that make those “grrl power” folks sound like naïve children. The Blues Women have been around the block enough times to really come into their own. Head over to their web site (linked above) and take a listen to (No Need) Pissin’ on a Skunk, after you’ve heard this one.

My Latest Music Page Updates