Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Michael Feels Like Green Onions

-
Unknown

I love blues and I grew up on Michael Jackson. Imagine the pleasure I take in Michael Feels Like Green Onions. I've spent the better part of an hour attempting to find a direct link to the creator of this little mash-up masterpiece. The closest I could come was this Mashuptown post from February of 2006. So, to whoever comprised The Corporation, I thank you for this slice of pop-blues, mashed up heaven. I still associate Green Onions with The Blues Brothers, but Booker T and the MGs own the tune.

Should you have not figured out the starting points for Michael Feels Like Green Onions, the song is comprised of Booker T & the MGs performing Green Onions under Michael Jackson singing The Way You Make Me Feel. It's musical virtuosity as the original artists never intended, and a mash-up that demonstrates how the whole can be even greater than the sum of its parts. If you enjoyed this one, you can find about ten thousand (that's a myriad, by the way) other mas-ups of his work.
Get the song now

My Latest Music Page Updates