Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Mashup of the Month: Blurred Mercy – DJ Y Alias JY

-
Unknown

The neo-soul Duffy hit Mercy always struck me as a fantastic song that deserved a post here at The NPJ, though it would have to be of the True Confession variety considering its deserved popularity. As so often happens, however, a mashup has arisen that gives me an excuse to praise the song without dedicating a post to it alone.

DJ Y Alias JY took the sultry little songstress and ran her right into Robin Thicke, the masher, to create Blurred Mercy. Hey, hey, hey indeed! Naturally, you can download the Mashup of the Month for free from Official FM but be warned that the background is a screen shot from that full-of-himself Mr. Thicke and features a topless woman.

Have a listen and let me know if you think Mr. Thicke sounds like he’s leering at the comparatively demure Duffy while she begs for Mercy or if it it’s just my imagination. I somehow get the feeling he'd leer at pretty much any woman but I'm still jamming to Blurred Mercy.

Blurred Mercy [DJ Y alias JY] by Robin Thicke feat. T.I. & Pharrell vs. Duffy vs. Justin Timberlake vs. Eminem on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates