Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

I Gotta Get Drunk - Willie Nelson

-
Unknown

Only Willie Nelson could convincingly sing a song explaining how he doesn't want to get drunk but that he must. Okay, Albert Collins might have pulled it off as well but the fact of the matter is that he didn't. Mr. Nelson gave us I Gotta Get Drunk and made us want to buy him a beer...or at least I do. Seriously, don't you think a night out with Willie Nelson would be amazing?

Whatever the case, you can't argue with his logic that there are more old drunks than old doctors, can you? And he can't let down all of those folks waiting to party with him, now can he?

I have a hankering to hear this one remixed over more instruments. Have a listen to I Gotta Get Drunk and let me know what you think, particularly if you know of a cover or remix that would make this an even better party song.

I Gotta Get Drunk by Willie Nelson on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates