Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Sabia Que - Marcelo Fruet & Os Cozinheiros

-
Unknown

Stick it out through the tympani-heavy into (for which you simply must have stereo headphones) and coast along through the first verse of Sabia Que and you'll be rewarded with a song that builds and builds until, three minutes in, you're in the middle of a rock song. Marcelo Fruet and Os Cozinheiros (that'd be "The Cooks" for those of you not fluent in Portuguese) cover a lot of genre territory, from jazzy tunes to traditional Brazilian to straight-out rock. Sometimes they throw the whole mess into a single song.

From what I can tell, Sabia Que means "knew", though it seems to be followed in the song by "no". As I couldn't find anywhere with the lyrics much less a translation, I can't really put that in context. I don't, however, much care about what they're singing when I'm dancing around my living room, which is what I was doing by the time I got to the end of the song. If you like Marcelo Fruet & Os Cozinheiros, try Song for Tom and Adeusaloucura, both handily available on Grooveshark where you can, for some reason, find only two thirds of their new album "Aion".

Sabia Que by Marcelo Fruet & Os Cozinheiros on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates