Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Cold Women with Warm Hearts - Albert King

-
Unknown

I bring you, this evening, a song that I love but which--at the same time--makes me cranky. Cold Women with Warm Hearts shares the ethos of If You Want to Be Happy: find a woman other men won't want and she won't cheat on you.

Now that's an utter simplification of the message of Cold Women, but even while I'm jamming to the hardcore blues beat of it this niggling little voice in the back of my head keeps reminding me that songs that assume women are inherently unable to resist any man that hits on them are too prevalent and too frustrating. At least, in this case, it's about cold women with warm hearts and there seems to be some dedication to actual affection for the women in question, unlike Jimmy Soul's offensive but catchy tune.

The first time I heard this song it was Magic Slim & the Teardrops performing it but I've decided to share Albert King's version with you because, well, horns. Surely you know by know, my dears, that I cannot resist the horns. Toss in some great blues guitar and Albert King's rough-and-tumble voice and it's a guaranteed winner, as far as I'm concerned. So, for tonight, viola!

Cold Women With Warm Hearts by Albert King on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates