Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Born to Ruin - Wildlife

-
Unknown

Wildlife sent me their first single off their new album "...On the Heart" and I wanted to share it with you folks. Born to Ruin is solid indie that makes me want to learn to make mashups so I can combine it with Born to Run so that I can see if it works as well as my mental jukebox insists it will.

Whatever the case, enjoy the harmony and the really delightful drums. My only complaint about Born to Ruin is the same one that I have about so many songs: a minute and a half of expository instrumental at the end of the song. I'm not saying it's not enjoyable, just that it's a little much. As with writing, a lot of songs could do with some good editing to tighten up the excesses.

Should you enjoy Wildlife's new song, do pop over to their Bandcamp page to pick up their first album, "Strike Hard, Young Diamond", for more. If you like things on the mellow side, start with Drunken Heart and if Born to Ruin tickled your musical fancy have a listen to Stand in the Water. Let me know what you think!

My Latest Music Page Updates