Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Jesus Songs for the Solstice

-
Unknown

Warning to all easily-offended religious people: These are songs about Jesus in one way or another. Some of them are funny. Some are a wee bit more bitter. Commencing post in 3...2...1...

I thought that, it being Jesus Season or whatever you want to call a holiday timed to replace a pagan celebration despite historical...hold on...I'm smashing my soap box...let's try that again.

I found a bunch of songs in my collection and elsewhere that are, ostensibly, about Jesus. At the very least his name is featured in the titles. Because I'm feeling snarky, I'm amusing myself by posting them just before Christmas. If you choose only one song, make it Ministry's Jesus Built My Hotrod. If it's only two for you, include Tom Waits and his iconic Chocolate Jesus because nothing satisfies like a chocolate savior. Realistically, however, you should follow that up with Scanners and Jesus Saves. Trust me.

Please note that my inclusion of Soundgarden and Green Day in this list is in no way an endorsement of the music of either band. I am, however, recommending Robert Randolph and the Family Band, with Eric Clapton as they are here or without, though you probably could have guessed that by now. And you know Depeche Mode is in there somewhere. I mean, really, Personal Jesus: how could I exclude them?

If you have a favorite, non-religious Jesus song please do let me know! I'm bouncing to Ministry right now so I'm feeling much, much better.

Jesus Songs for the Solstice by legbamel on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates