Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Standing Outside - Stand Up against Heart Crime

-
Unknown

Stand Up against Heart Crime has a difficult name. SUaHC is too hard to say and it's awfully long. As a lazy person, I'd recommend they drop standing up entirely and just be against heart crime, but that's neither here nor there. You came hear to read about music.

So here it is, Standing Outside (yes, again with the standing), the first song off their first album, though not their first single. Though I rather like its 80s vibe with the synths and the subtly electronic voices, I spent the whole first half wracking my brain trying to figure out where I'd heard it before.

Now, the good news is that I was glad to have found it because I liked it the first time, too. And I suppose it's still good news that I had to start all over and listen to it again to pay attention to the song, but I liked it the third time through, as well. For the most part Stand Up against Heart Crime tends toward the melancholy or just mellow, which you know isn't my favorite thing. They do, however, put enough energy into their music that I recommend it nonetheless.

If you like Standing Outside, click below to visit their Soundcloud profile, where you can download I Need No Sun for free and have a listen to their older songs as well.

My Latest Music Page Updates