Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Golden - The Tontons

-
Unknown

The more I watch the new video for Golden, the more I like it and The Tontons. In part it's my persistence in believing that their name is a veiled Star Wars reference and in part it's that the lead singer--who has a name, I'm sure, though I can't seem to find it anywhere--is so utterly adorable.

Part of the reason I keep watching it is that I keep showing it to other people. Golden is a good song in its own right but the video shows as much witty edge as the lyrics do. Have a watch and let me know what you think. And tell me if you believe, as I choose to do without any evidence whatsoever, that they wanted to name their band The Tauntauns and George Lucas wouldn't let them.

My Latest Music Page Updates