Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Send Me Some Angels - Various Artists

-
Unknown

Before I start talking about Send Me an Angel, I'll put one little seed in your head. Does anyone else, in hearing the Scorpions version, automatically insert "rock me like a hurricane" every time they sing "here I am"? No? Just me? Okay, moving on...

It turns out I knew perfectly well all along that there were two massive hits called Send Me an Angel. It was just that I fondly remember the Real Life 80s synth-pop song and had blocked the Scorpions "power ballad" version from my memory. In listening to this list of songs with the same name, you'll find that I'm not the only one.

Alicia Keys has her own version, as do The Mountain Goats, but the rest of the list is comprised of the Real Life song, a few covers, some other songs titled Send Me an Angel, and Scorpion cheese. (Admit it, you all said "ew" at least mentally at that image.) I still think Real Life did the best song of this title but you know I'm posting it to get your input, my lovelies. What do you think? Did Blackfoot nail the "hard" rock sound? Did Boytronic make you nauseous? Did Zeromancer get you out of your seat to boogie? Share!

Send Me Some Angels by legbamel on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates