Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Finger Poppin’ – Ike & Tina Turner

-
Unknown

When I first picked up Finger Poppin’, I presumed the title referred to snapping one’s fingers.  A quick listen to the song, however, led me to believe that it was a single finger that was popping up, and it wasn’t a thumb.

I nominate Finger Poppin’ as the perfect break-up song for someone getting away from a controlling jerk of whatever gender.  The chorus pretty much says “forget you.  I’m outta here!” but the lyrics go a little deeper.

Given the alleged history between Ike and Tina Turner, I’d like to think she was humming this song when she finally bailed on their relationship.  Maybe Finger Poppin’ inspired her.  If you’re relatively new to old-school soul and you like this one, try Funkier than a Mosquito’s Tweeter.  In that case, it’s funky in a bad way but it’s another good telling off for your arsenal.

I apologize for the static picture video but I couldn't find the song anywhere else to embed. Besides, 45s are so nostalgic. It seemed to go with the song.

One Response so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    It' s a very exciting 1964 single!! (^__^). Was cut for Loja (Warner Bros.) with others six singles (°<°)

My Latest Music Page Updates