Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Baby Love Is Back on the Way

-
Unknown

Here's another goofy little playlist that combines seven songs on a theme: lost love is coming back. Please note that the list does not include Baby Love despite the title of the post.

What it does have is a song each from Wil Dailey, The Eurythmics, Luther Vandross, Jellyfish, and (as those of you who can count figured out) three others. Not only do you discover that Love Is on the Way three different ways, but you'll find that Baby's Coming Back twice and that Love is Coming Back another two times.

Note that I do not think that Ingrid Lucia sounds like Billie Holiday no matter how many people say she does. I do, however, find her to sound exactly like Katharine Whalen from Squirrel Nut Zippers, which is who I thought I was hearing when I bumped into Love Is Coming Back. Note also that the Eurythmics song is cheating, a little. The actual name of the track is It's Alright (Baby's Coming Back). As alright is not a word (spellchecker be damned) I thought it only fitting to regard the parenthetical name as the real thing. Shut up. It's my blog.

Also, if you're not a fan of oozy-schmoozy Luther Vandross songs it won't hurt my feelings too terribly if you skip his Love Is on the Way (Real Love). It's pretty 80s-sounding, though, and filled with cheese. The Hep Stars are pretty cheesy, too, but much more jangly, and Saigon Kick couldn't be more hair-band-bad if they tried. Enjoy!

Baby Love Is Back by legbamel on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates