Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

My Circuitboard City - The Wombats

-
Unknown

It’s not often you find a song about being an Internet troll. Technically My Circuitboard City isn’t, either, at least not explicitly. And yet you come to the lines, “I can’t wait to wallow in self-pity in my circuit board city tonight.”

I can’t help but think of your basic hater hating on some forum somewhere because the world has refused to cater to him or her yet again. And so whenever I’m socializing on-line and I read something particularly “poor me” I think of The Wombats and this song. Of course, I also have this image of little robot trolls living under circuit board bridges in a Tron-like city whining and fussing, though the song couldn’t be much less like Daft Punk.

Disregarding my flights of fancy, have a listen to My Circuitboard City and let me know what you think. Is this the perfect troll anthem or am I off my rocker?

My Circuit Board City by The Wombats on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates