Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

War Child - Blondie

-
Unknown

While most people think of Call Me or some other pop hit when they think of Blondie, I think of War Child. It comes from their last album together in 1982, "The Hunter", and never charted well. In fact it didn't chart at all in the US, as far as I can tell.

I'm pretty sure that makes it the perfect favorite song for a punky band that turned into a still-edgy pop band, for me. And at the time I first heard the song it was deep, deep into the chill of the Cold War when everyone seemed pretty convinced we would be nuked back to the Stone Age any day, now.

Whatever the reason, War Child really resonated with me then. It still does, though more in the disdainful defiance than the lyrics themselves. Have a listen and share your thoughts. Do you remember this one from the end of Blondie or was this a bit before your time?

War Child by Blondie on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates