Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Somebody That I Used to Know - Pick the Winner?

-
Unknown

I'd intended only to post Goyte and the Somebody That I Used to Know duet with Kimbra but, when I went to get it for you, I uncovered Elliot Smith's song of the same name. The Isley Brothers had one without the "that" but it was dreadful so I'll spare you.

At any rate, I thought I'd share both with you: two different takes on rough break-ups and the pain of no longer being in love. I know, it's a little depressing for my usual style. Suck it up, princesses. If you get too down, stop listening to this Goyte fellow immediately. He'll only bring you down further.

For tomorrow I promise something more upbeat. In the meantime, have a listen and let me know whether you think Goyte or Elliot Smith do a better job capturing the subject.

Somebodies That I Used to Know by legbamel on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates