Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Life During Wartime - Talking Heads or Jim Bianco

-
Unknown

Do you know what's awesome? When one of your favorite people covers one of your favorite bands. And what is less awesome? When the cover is so depressing (in tone, not that it's bad) that you almost never listen to it.

For clarification, please have a listen to Jim Bianco's cover of Life During Wartime and then the Talking Heads original. This happens to be a favorite song of mine (the Talking Heads version) and I adore Jim Bianco, as you may know. But I just can't listen to him cover this song! I keep thinking, "Pick it up, Bianco!"

Try both, in particular if you don't already know the Talking Heads song by heart, and let me know what you think of the cover.

Lives During Wartime by legbamel on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates