Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

It's Your Thing - Isley Brothers et al

-
Unknown

It's Your Thing has really been around the block. I've known of the Isley Brothers original for decades and have always loved the song. But you know that's not good enough. I had to have more!

You'll be pleased to know that I subjected myself to covers and mislabeled songs enough to create this list of six versions, naturally including the Isley Brothers and, less naturally, a Milli Vanilli version. Just be glad I took out a couple of lackluster whine-fests and Kris Kross.

I did keep a curiously-mellow Aretha Franklin version, though the lack of attitude surprised me, and a nice Jackson 5 cover. Naturally, The Temptations did a great job with it and Booker T and the MGs put their own stamp on it as well.

If you have a favorite cover of It's Your Thing, whether because it's so good or because it stinks to high heaven, please let me know. And if you like the Milli Vanilli version get the hell off my blog. Just kidding. Mostly.

It's Six Things by legbamel on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates