Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

You Pick the Winner: Aretha Franklin vs Motley Crue

-
Unknown

Today I have for you two utterly different songs with the same name: Dr. Feelgood. One you likely know by heart, whether you hate it or not, unless you're under 30 years old. The other has quite possibly flown under your musical radar all your life.

The former is, of course, that hairband anthem from the 80s, Motley Crue's Dr. Feelgood from the album of the same name. The latter has been around much longer, from way back in the 60s. The version I own was performed by Irma Tomas bu I can't seem to find any reference to which was the original. I actually like this Aretha Franklin version a little better so I'll have to pick up a copy to add to my collection of song versions.

But this post is for you, my darlings. Listen to both songs (unless you already know them) and drop a comment to vote for which you like better. For me the Crue spells cheese-flavored nostalgia but, gee, how do you best Aretha?

Doctors Feelgood by legbamel on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates