Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Winter Wonderland Done Wrong

-
Unknown

The winter weather has been toying with us, of late, with freezing rain and now frozen wind. I never thought I'd say, "I wish it would just snow and get it over with," but I did today. In the spirit of crappy winter weather, let's take ten crappy versions of Winter Wonderland to make us all cringe and wish we lived in the Southern Hemisphere. [Note to those of you who do: I don't hate you...yet. Check back around February 1st.]

It entertains me that I was able to pick some of these dreadful versions just by artist name. Stryper for Christmas, anyone? A steaming pile of 80s cheese from Air Supply, REO Speedwagon, and Chicago? Got them. But some of them show up because I was so disappointed. I love A Fine Frenzy but her take on Winter Wonderland is more like Winter Depressionland. And then there's Billy Idol.

If you actually like one of these, feel free to lambaste me for being an elitist snob or someone who wouldn't know good music if it bit her on the nose. I could use the laugh.

Worst Wonderlands Ever by legbamel on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates